Every practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs publish an official injury report before the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on the road to face the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at noon Arrowhead time.
Here’s the Chiefs’ final injury report of the week with official injury designations:
|Harrison Butker||K||left ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUT|
|Ju Ju Smith Schuster||WR||Shoulder||PF||PF||PF||–|
|Michael Pitman Jr.||WR||Quadruple||LP||LP||PF||–|
A few notes
- As expected, the Chiefs will be without defensive end Mike Danna (calf) and kicker Harrison Butker (left ankle) who lack practice all week. Receiver Mecole Hardman (heel), who recorded a few limit training this week, let’s go. It was one full participant Friday
- Chiefs rookie defensive end George Karlaftis on Danna“It’s a huge loss – but our mentality is next always, you know? Mike brings a lot of things to the table. He’s very versatile, he’s a great player and he can do a lot of things for us and help us win. But like I said, he’s the next man.”
- The next man for Danna should be Malik Herring, per Reid“We had more [defensive ends] than what we needed here, but we’ll let 94 (Malik Herring) step in and get some reps as well.
Chiefs DE Malik Herring, he’s gotten a lot of help from his teammates this week as he prepares to play against the Colts on Sunday.
“The dream came true to make my first NFL debut,” Herring said. “I can’t wait to see how it goes.”
— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) September 23, 2022
- Reid also had an update on Butker: “[The ankle’s] still a little swollen, but it’s making progress. He’s working on his swings now, but it was a pretty good sprain. [It] swollen on him, and getting the whole thing out of there is going to take a minute. Hopefully he’s ready to go next week, but the kid, [Matt] Ammendola, he’s doing a great job.”
- The Colts managed star linebacker Shaquille Leonard (back) out for the game, and that’s a big loss. Offensive lineman Bernhard Raimann (ankle) – who has snapped at left tackle for the Colts in both games this season – is also out.
- Chiefs right guard Trey Smith on Leonard not playing: “I can speak for us – every time someone goes down, it’s the next man mentality. Again, it’s another NFL football team, so they’ll have someone on it. quite capable. For us, it really doesn’t change a thing. We have to go out there and perform at a high level and pretty much just do our job.
- Wide receiver Michael Pittman Jr. (quad) and DeForest Buckner (hip) – who connected limit practice this week — are supposed to play. Wide receiver Alec Pierce cleared concussion protocol. Defensive end Yannick Ngakoue (back) is questionable.
For Thursday’s injury record, Click here.